revolamap

Monday, January 25, 2010

No Offense Taken

Nothing that rattles my cage more, than someone who takes offense at my beliefs. What does it matter, if I profess a belief in the Sovereign Lord, My God, His Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances" in this it says "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;" i.e. the government cannot tell me, I can't profess my beliefs as I see fit. It cannot tell me I cannot pray in public, or tell my children they cannot pray in school, or my grandchildren. I can say "Merry Christmas" and if that offends you, tough! If you tell me Happy Hannukah, I will be gracious enough to thank you for your blessing, If you say to me Happy Ramadan, I will be gracious enough to thank you for your blessing. It is a sad commentary, that people who do not believe in God, to be so upset about someone telling them "God Bless you" If someone tells me "may the Force be with you" what is it to me? I won't be offended. So get over it, I have my beliefs, and you have yours. I take offense at your offense. So by your logic you have no right to be offended at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment