revolamap

Monday, January 18, 2010

What's Wrong With Miranda?

One of the most frustrating problems we have with our criminal justice system, is the Miranda Act! I don't mean the Act itself, but how it has created a loophole for criminals. If I comment a crime, and I am arrested for it, and the Police don't read me my rights, or take the time to explain them to me... I can get off the hook. That's right we have all seen it on TV, and heard about it on the news. If the Police violate your rights during an arrest you can walk away a free man. This is an outrage! Think of it this way, you are shot down by a criminal, he just violated your rights, the right to life! Under the Justice System's Logic that means you should be set free allowed to live a normal life, but, you can't because you are dead. When this happens we prosecute the killer, the man who violated your right to life. We don't raise you from the dead. So when a criminal is arrested and his rights are violated, then we prosecute the man who violated his rights, the police officer. Now lets take this another step; If the police violate your rights in an investigation and you are innocent, then it should be a felony, if you are guilty, then it is a misdemeanor. One case the Police are punished as directed by a Judge, the other they are repremended. As far as Miranda should be concerned any convict (someone who has been judged guilty) has had his rights read to them the first time he was arrested and therefore has had his rights read to him (even if they were not read to him the second time he was arrested). Trust me criminals know their rights better than you do. Also as far as I am concerned, even if your rights are violated and you are guilty you are guilty nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment